Friday, November 09, 2007

In Praise of Sadism

The National Review sure knows how to pick 'em. Contributing editor Deroy Murdock sounding like Mitt "Double Gitmo" Romney when declaring: "[w]aterboarding is something of which every American should be proud." Proud?

That was from a piece he penned for the magazine, which prompted Ramesh Ponnuru to seek clarification. Deroy abides:

[T]he whole point of my piece is that I AM complaining that we do NOT waterboard enough. Yes, we need to waterboard more. At the moment, waterbaording appears to have been banned by both the CIA and the Pentagon. As I say pretty directly in my piece, Bush should reinstate waterboarding publicly and proudly, and I called him deluded for thinking he would gain anything by going along with the Left and ditching waterboarding. . . .

I hope this clears up any confusion you might have had.

How very different my conception of America is than that of Murdock. The thought that he would have this country proudly tout its use of torture is just beyond the beyonds.

Shadi's right. It defies explanation.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?